Saturday 18 October 2014

The Village

Today we are off to a village out in the sticks. We will be there for over two weeks, returning to the Smile House on the 3rd of November. While we are there we will be living in a house, but without hot water or internet. We are going to be working in a local school during the weekdays and going to the village church on the Sundays. The school has about 30 children, of primary age, and we will be teaching English and maybe Maths and Games. I am very excited for this project and am looking forward to getting started!

As there is no internet I won't be updating this blog until we return. I also want to thank everyone at home and all of my family for all of your support and prayers. It really encourages me as although I am really enjoying it here it has been hard getting used to it at times. So thank you again and I will let you know how the village goes when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment