Wednesday 3 June 2015

Ruth Mother Care, we love you!

Today is martyrs day in Uganda, which is a public holiday so we are off school. I am catching up on washing and cleaning, then later going into town to see some of the celebrations.

The days are going so quickly and before long I will be on the plane home! I am really enjoying this time with the children we work with. Yesterday we had a great day teaching at Ruth Mother Care. The kids are so amazing and I feel like I know their personalities now I have been teaching there for about 7 months. I have defiantly seen an improvement to their English since the start of our time here and I hope we have been a blessing to the school. I think we have made some great additions to the school, a big one being buying text books for them. They are being used regularly in lessons, and there is enough for the children to have one each which is great. I have noticed many little things they have been learning through using them. For example, finding page numbers, reading from books rather than looking at the blackboard has already began to improve their reading skills, and seeing pictures really helps with explaining Maths or English questions. When they finish their work they always enjoy flicking through the books and looking at all the picture and colours, which makes me smile! Thank you for all the money that has been raised for that cause, it really has made such a difference to these children.

Some photos from PE...




The beautiful teachers...

Teacher Monica
Teacher Matchu
Teacher Doreen

Some of us teaching...






The children...








No comments:

Post a Comment