Monday 25 May 2015

My last term

Last week was the start of my final school term here in Uganda! The last 8 months have flown by and I can't believe it will all be over soon. I have 5 weeks left, and I am going to make the most of them! Last week we starting teaching again, and I loved seeing the children again so much.

Monday we resumed catch-up classes in the slums, and had a great time playing with and teaching the kids. We teach them basic English and Maths, for the children who can't afford to go to school. We also give them biscuits and sing some songs with them during breaks. It is a wonderful time for us and they seem to really enjoy it. Today when I was getting the books out, some of the girls kept hurrying me up, saying "teacher, we want to work!".











We go to the slums again on Thursdays and Fridays, and see most of the same children, which is great for building relationships with them. We play games, sing songs, teach them Bible lessons and give them a snack. It is great fun for us all and just a chance for the kids to be in a safe place, run around and laugh, have some food and cuddles and learn about Jesus. It is such a worthwhile project, in an amazing community, and people are so happy to see us when we arrive. Even when the children are a bit wild, or there is torrential rain, I can see God's work is being done and the community is being blessed, and that is a joy to be a part of.













2 comments:

  1. Wonderful smiles colour and fun. Lovely to see all the kids gappers and local Smile workers. Keep up the good work. Lorna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful smiles colour and fun. Lovely to see all the kids gappers and local Smile workers. Keep up the good work. Lorna x

    ReplyDelete